Saturday, April 28, 2012

Charmander

It seems as if I'm always crocheting one Pokemon or another, so here's the most recent. His name is Charmander, and was full of little surprises along the way.


His mouth looks all derpy because I tried out the open mouth version of the pattern (http://wolfdreamer-oth.blogspot.com/2010/08/charmander-plushie.html), and it ended up looking stupid because I didn't have the felt to make it correctly. So the bottom jaw is just sewn to his nose, creating a strange pucker. 


Because I didn't have felt, I also couldn't make the tail flames like I was supposed to. I ended up just crocheting some cylinders and sewing them on, and I must say, they turned out better than I expected.

So, all-in-all, he turned out ok, but if you take this project upon yourself, HAVE FELT! I upped the hook from the recommended F to a G so he would be a bit bigger, and none of the stuffing shows through. I used a couple different colors of Red Heart Super Saver.

Charmander is copyright Nintendo.


No comments:

Post a Comment