Sunday, July 7, 2013

Escalator Socks

Finally, Logan's socks are done!


He loves them, and thinks the pattern is "cool" without being too busy for him to wear them.


I made the pair using one skein of Cascade Yarns' Heritage sock yarn in color 5634 (lot 005) on US size 2 dpns. I'm not sure if that's enough to make the pattern as written, since I altered how high up the leg they went. Logan isn't a fan of very high socks, so I stopped them after two repeats of the pattern, rather than at the measurement the designer specified.

I would highly recommend the pattern, as it's easy to follow. These are my very first socks, and the only thing I had trouble with was grafting the toe shut. Well, that, and I changed the way the toe was worked, because the decrease wasn't symmetrical as written. I'm sure it would have been fine, but mine worked out pretty well.

If you want to make your own, the pattern is available for free here.





No comments:

Post a Comment