Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Blogging as a Class

My Writing for the Digital Age class has started giving our final presentations, and I'll be posting up some blog entries about the various subjects brought up.

Today I'd like to talk about Jordan's presentation. Jordan chose to reflect on our class and point out what she thought worked about its format and what didn't. I agreed with her on many points, but most of all on her point about our blogs. 

Though we were all required to keep a personal blog about whatever we wanted, we weren't required to read each others's blogs. I know that not everybody is as gung-ho about the whole blog thing as I am, but I read each and every one of my classmates's blogs, and I'm so glad that I did.

Because we were allowed to post about whatever we wanted and not just about class readings, I feel that I've learned a lot about my classmates from their individual blogs. I feel that I know everyone in my class much better than any other class I've ever taken, purely because I paid attention to what they had to say online.

I think Jordan's suggestion that future sections of this course be required to comment on each others's blogs is a very good one. Interaction and interconnectivity between peers is an excellent thing, and is made all the more so when it turns your peers from just students into complex individuals with lives outside of the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment