Monday, November 25, 2013

Link to the Past Part 4: Ice and Death



Long time, no see! It feels like forever since I posted last, and I'm excited to share my experience with Dungeon 5 of LttP.

I located the dungeon fairly easily, despite Logan's warnings that I was probably going to have a tough time with it. I think he gets used to my gameplay being poor and severely underestimates my puzzle solving abilities. If there's one kind of game I have lots of experience with, it's puzzle games.

My elation faded quickly once I actually started the dungeon. Ice floors? Really? Because I don't have a hard enough time getting around already!

This room in particular gave me a lot of trouble. (image from blondenerd.com)

According to my Google search for that picture, the dungeon is called Ice Palace. Now I feel really dumb, because I've just been referring to all of these places by their number rather than their titles. I had no idea! Loss of nerd cred right there.

Anyway, I ended up walking through the majority of this dungeon quite a bit, because the ice psyched me out and the enemies are getting tougher. Fortunately, I now have blue mail, and that helped quite a bit in the enemy department. Once I had that, I got to the boss much more quickly than I expected.

I certainly felt that I was getting the cold shoulder. (image from zeldadungeon.net)

I am pleased as punch to announce that this is the second boss in a row that I beat on my first try! Fire rod and potions all the way!

Watch out Dungeon 6. You're next.







No comments:

Post a Comment