Friday, January 3, 2014

Glam and Rock and Roll

During my recent trip to Universal Studios, I was fortunate enough to not only go, but also to stay in the park itself at the Hard Rock Hotel. If we're being honest, I never would have thought of the Hard Rock Hotel/Cafe franchise as being something worth seeing if anyone described it to me. I always just assumed that it was an overpriced gimmick.

Well, now that I've experienced both, I must say that it's super cool. The hotel was kind of like a theme park in and of itself, as was the restaurant. Naturally, I took pictures to share!

We arrived in Florida hungry and decided to eat at the Hard Rock Cafe because it was close and it seemed appropriate, considering where we were staying. My veggie burger was surprisingly enormous as well as surprisingly delicious.

The music was too loud for Logan and I to talk, so I ended up watching this pink Cadillac spin around and around most of the time. The thing hypnotized me.


After we ate, Logan and I decided to explore and see what we could see. Because Fate was smiling on me, I found the women in rock section. 




Something that surprised me quite a bit was all the glamour present in "hard" rock, even with the males. All of the outfits were so over the top and theatrical, so gaudy they became beautiful. I guess my mind's picture of rock involved more ripped jeans and an I-don't-need-you-to-love-me attitude. I think I like the glam better.



And I saw this, which I HAD to take a picture of for my mom. Here you go, Mom.





1 comment: