Monday, February 3, 2014

Work and Celebration

Long time, no see!

Things have been a bit hectic in the Shuler/Smith household lately, but in a happy kind of way. I got a job! A Panera opened up near the apartment, and they hired me on so I can earn some money while searching for a career in my field. Overall, I like working there quite a bit, but my training schedule was frantic and unpredictable, so the blog suffered.

But training week is over, which means I have a stable schedule, and that's good news for Scraps of Yarn. In fact, partly to celebrate and partly to get away from the color gray for a bit, I started a new project. It's Hibernatum, a cute little beanie-style hat I came across on Ravelry. I've shared the one of the project page pictures below.



I'm making my own out of Cascade Yarns' Cherub DK, which I won from my local yarn store a couple months ago when Cascade Yarns had a "yarn tasting" there. I probably never would have picked up this yarn if I were on my own because it's acrylic, and the only acrylic yarn I've had any experience with is Red Heart, which I am not a fan of. But so far I've loved working with Cherub. It's super soft and has a nice spring when worked up, which I didn't expect from an acrylic. I'll share a picture of my progress when it looks less like a shapeless blob and more like a hat.

Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment