Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Location, Location, Location

Today at work I helped three people who had never been to Panera before. This happens all the time, since ours is a new location, but it was odd that all of these people specifically mentioned that they'd never been because they live far away from a Panera and just happened to be in the neighborhood.

It got me thinking about my hometown and how I felt as if I was ages away from everything. It always seemed as if everywhere worth being was at least half an hour away. It's funny because in my hometown with "nothing" in it, we had four fast food restaurants, six or seven sit-down restaurants, two grocery stores, and a super Wal-Mart. Nothing indeed.

Now that I live in the Cincinnati area, I have access to anything I could want within a 15 minute radius. It's amazing, but sometimes I forget just how convenient and special that is. Honestly, I take it for granted. Next time I think to myself I wish I didn't have to go so far for X, I'm going to stop and appreciate just how close that actually is and how lucky I am to live an area with so much, and that I'm fortunate enough that nothing is holding me back from enjoying everything it has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment