Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Dog Days of Senior Year

For those of you who don't know, this is my final semester of college. At first, I was just excited about this, but it seems like every day I get a little more scared. And I can blame just one question.

"What are you going to do after you graduate?"

I've been asked that question throughout my college career, but now it's real. Before, I could just push it off and say things like, "I don't know, something with editing," or "I'm not sure, but I'm not worried about it yet." Well, it's time to start worrying about it, because it's coming, it's coming quickly, and all I see in my head is

(http://www.angelfoodcomic.com/about/)

Last night I had a bit of a revelation and for a few brief and shining moments, I felt like I did know what I was doing. I was looking through a book on knitting and thought to myself, "Hey, I could help with this." I mean, somebody has to edit knitting literature (of which there is more than you would probably think), and it might as well be me! I want to be that person.

But then "I have no idea what I'm doing" dog comes back and reminds me that I don't even know how to begin going into that field.

Help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment