Monday, September 9, 2013

Pencils

Chapter 3 of A Better Pencil should be titled "I Bet You Didn't Know Pencils Were So Interesting." Seriously. I learned more about pencils than I even knew was there to learn. And it was fascinating. So fascinating that I put a pencil in my backpack for the first time in years. I won't use it because I hate the way writing in pencil feels, but still. It's there now.

It does make me wonder how often poor Thoreau got teased for his pencil passion. Let's face it, if this chapter was any indication, he was a nerd for pencils. Nerds get teased. It's the cycle of life. I wonder if he dreamt of pencils. I dream of yarn all the time, so I imagine it's not that unlikely. Did he have nightmares about pencils? Did he ever use a nerdy, pencil-themed pick up line?

Now I just want to come up with a bunch of nerdy, pencil-themed pick up lines.

And I can't. Ugh. This is going to bother me all day. Actually... "Life without you would be like a broken pencil. Pointless." Thank you, Google.

 Pencil Socks
(http://designyoutrust.com/style/pencil-socks/)


No comments:

Post a Comment