Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas with Family

Mom said something to me on Sunday that I just can't stop thinking about. She said, "Autumn, make sure you soak everything in and enjoy this time, because you're not going to remember it. You'll think that you'll never forget, but it's all so busy that you will."

Of course she's right, because she's my mom and she's always right. December has been an absolute whirlwind with college graduation, Christmas, and the fast approaching wedding and honeymoon. I probably won't remember most of this stuff. It'll all just be a big, happy but vaguely stressed blur.

So this weekend while Logan and I visited family, I made sure to actually take pictures.

At the Smiths' we played the worst game ever -- Aggravation. Somehow I managed to win, but it was as frustrating as all get out

















When we opened presents, we found out that Logan's mom accidentally bought his brother the same exact sweater she got him last year. Which he was wearing that day. Hilarity ensued.

















At the Shulers' we played a super intense game of Settlers of Catan, which Logan got for Christmas from his parents. My parents had never even heard of the game, but both had a pretty good time and came very close to winning. Unfortunately for them, I was the champion.

















Poor Logan had a terrible game, but made the most of a bad situation by recreating Stonehenge out of Catan bits.

















All in all, it was a great Christmas weekend with family!

No comments:

Post a Comment