Thursday, December 5, 2013

Kids and Reading

I've loved reading since I was very young, so I found Kathryn, Lexi, and Jenna's final project for class fascinating. They interviewed three sets of young kids about reading physical books vs. reading on a e-reader.

All the kids had read on an e-reader, which blew my mind a little bit, and all of them found reading "real" books and on a screen equally fun. In fact, they seemed to have trouble differentiating between the two. That got me thinking about my own reading experience and how I would have like to read off a screen growing up.

As a kid, I think I would have adored reading off of a reader. I was the type to look up every word I didn't know, make notes about passages I particularly liked, and carry around more than one book at a time. Heck, I'm still that type, which is why I love reading off my Kindle. It's all integrated right in one device, which is super portable to boot. Do I love the aesthetics of books? Of course. But I also love being able to do things with the story as I read, and e-readers make it almost obscenely easy.

What are your thoughts? Do you enjoy reading on a reader? Why or why not? Please, let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment