Friday, December 6, 2013

Video Game Writing

With the full onset of winter always comes the winter blues. Not having lots of sunlight makes me cranky and apathetic in equal measure, which is not a good combination for me or anyone that has to be around me. Lately I've noticed that Logan also seems to be getting the winter blues, despite his normal aversion to sunlight, and I made it a mission to figure out something that could cheer us both up.

I've always found that being creative gets me out of my funks, and suggested to Logan that he find something creative to do, either with or without me. After a few days of thinking about what he'd like to take on, he thought it would be cool to make a video game. He's made really short games before and had a good time, so I agreed that it was a great idea.

Then he asked me if I could write it.

And I was all like
.gif from imgur

Because of this recent occurrence, I found Nate's presentation on games as literature extra fascinating that I normally would have. Telling stories through video games is so different than what I'm used to, and I'm stoked to stretch myself in this new direction!

No comments:

Post a Comment