Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Social Engagement

Today was my last meeting with my Writing for Social Change class in Over-the-Rhine, and I'm having very mixed feelings about it. I'm excited because that means I'm one step closer to graduation, but I'm also bummed. That class got me thinking about social issues in a way that I never would have before, and for that I'm grateful.

I'm aware that I could always go out and continue engaging myself in social issues outside of the class, but it was so nice to have some guidance. I feel like that's a big part of all the problems we have in the world. People want to fix them, but aren't sure how. It's overwhelming to tackle social injustice and not knowing where to start something can make you feel like you'd be no help at all. At least, that's how I often feel.

There's no real point to this story. I don't know what my next step is as a socially engaged citizen and I'm not 100% sure how to figure it out. I just wanted to share my feelings with you with the hope that maybe you can help me stay engaged. Leave me a comment and let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment