Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Live-Tweeting -- Does It Have to Be New?

Even though I use it fairly regularly, I still don't 100% "get" Twitter. Of course, I don't think anyone really does. It's too new and different from everything else.

Something that I'm currently struggling with is the concept of live-tweeting, something that was explored by my classmates Ryan and Ranee during Writing for the Digital Age.  I get that it's tweeting about something in real time, but I'm having trouble putting it into practice.

Let me give you my example.

I'm currently playing The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. For those of you who don't know, I'm very late to the party on this, because the game came out a long time ago. Nevertheless, I'm currently playing it and I'd like to tweet about my reactions to it in real time, but I'm wondering if that's incorrect Twitter etiquette.

Is it ok to live-tweet something that isn't current to the world at large if it's current to me? This is not a rhetorical question -- please give me your thoughts/opinions/suggestions in the comments section!

No comments:

Post a Comment