Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Janelle Monae

Recently, my friend Emma showed me this video:



I fell in love with the song and the video as soon as I heard/saw it, but only today did it occur to me to look up Monae on Spotify.

I like all of her stuff.

I'm not one hundred percent sure what it is about her music that speaks to me so completely, but I am completely hooked. I'm especially digging The Electric Lady, her newest album, and the one that "Q.U.E.E.N." comes from.

The Electric Lady's radio show sound makes a great album even more interesting and rewards listening to the entire thing as a whole rather than just one or two songs at a time, which I appreciate. There's a cohesiveness there than really gets me going.

I'm so glad I heard Monae's music and I'm happy to have a new artist to get into. I sense a binge session of her music coming on.

No comments:

Post a Comment