Monday, October 7, 2013

Ah! It's a Snake!

This past weekend there was quite a bit of excitement at the Shuler/Smith apartment because of this guy.

photo 1.JPG

I caught that little snake in our bedroom right beside my reading chair. On Friday night I was reading in my usual spot with Hexe (one of my cats), when she started freaking out. She puffed out her fur, jumped onto the floor, and began frantically digging at a bag of yarn. Now, as much as my cats love yarn, they never go for it in bags, preferring to wait until I'm working with it and they can screw up a project, so this reaction was unexpected.

I assumed that the she had spotted a cricket, since that's the only kind of bug that tends to get either one of the cats rattled. Our apartment is underground, so crickets and spiders are pretty frequent visitors. You can imagine my surprise when I lifted up the bag of yarn and saw a snake instead! 

I caught him in a gift box and released him into the wild, where I think he'll be very happy.




No comments:

Post a Comment