Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Jane McGonigal: Gaming Can Make a Better World



I recently watched the above video for class and found it absolutely fascinating. Go ahead and take 20 minutes to enjoy it -- I'll wait.

Cool, right?

If you didn't watch it (shame on you) McGonigal is basically saying that video games make us awesome people and we can use games to better our world. She completely convinced me. Everything she said about how we play games and change our mentalities as we play rang true. I am more optimistic in games than anywhere else. I am more social. I am more willing to help others even when there's nothing in it for me.

The real question now is how am I going to apply those skills to my real life? I'm sure there's a way, I just haven't figured it out quite yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment