Monday, October 21, 2013

The Ohio Ren. Faire

This past weekend, my brother came up for a visit. Travis and I haven't seen each other for a while since we're both so busy, and it was really nice to catch up for just a little while. His birthday is Halloween, and as a birthday treat, I took him to the Ohio Renaissance Faire.

We had a great time, even though the day was extremely cold and it drizzled on us the whole time we were there. Travis hadn't been to anything quite so nerdy, being a sports guy and interested in popular stuff as he is, but he loved it. Sometimes I don't see how we're related because we're so opposite, but times like this past weekend remind me just how similar we really are. We express our delight in much the same way, as well as our disappointments and frustration. It's funny, but I noticed we even use a lot of the same phrases with the same intonation.

Unfortunately, I didn't take many pictures while we there because I didn't want to get my phone wet or remove my hands from my toasty jacket pockets, but there is one I want to share of a costume I saw while I was there.

I'm assuming the photographed lady won't mind since you can't see her face or anything. I saw some other good costumes, but I don't want to put them on the blog in case the subject doesn't want their face all over the Internet.

Anyway, LOOK AT THOSE WINGS! They're stunning! I would love to make some sort of fall fairy costume like this for myself.

I also saw a pretty cool yarn-bombed tree while we were out and had to snap a picture of it. I'm a sucker for a good yarn bomb.

Fantastic!

I hope you had a good weekend as well. What did you do?


No comments:

Post a Comment