Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Instructions

In my technical writing class, we're doing our "process assignment," which basically amounts to writing instructions for something. We're allowed to do it over whatever we want and, as usual, that freedom is a little daunting. I want to write instructions for something fun and/or interesting, but I'm coming up blank. So far, my thought process has gone a bit like this: 

What are you good at, Autumn?
Well, I'm pretty good at yarn stuff.
Ok, that's a good start. What kind of yarn stuff could you talk about?
Checking project gauge, blocking, doing a specific stitch, choosing appropriate yarn for a project, spinning...
Wow! Look at you! You've got lots of ideas. What seems to be the problem?
I learned all of those things from a set of instructions, so my instructions would be exactly the same as instructions that are already out there. I don't want to accidentally plagiarize.
Hm, I see your point. Can you think of anything you taught yourself?
Nope.
Shit.
Exactly.

You see my predicament? The worst part is, the draft is due tomorrow.

Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment